Are you a young fashionista looking for a one-of-a-kind, standout dress for prom? Why not design it yourself? As part of our teen designer series, The New York Sewing Center is offering an amazing limited edition course, where teens will be able to either design from scratch, manipulate an older dress pattern, or revamp a vintage piece to create a perfectly unique prom dress, that they will be proud to show off!
During this course you will learn:
• a review of beginner sewing fundamentals
• beginner level pattern manipulation
• how to complete garment construction techniques at an intermediate level
• cut & sew challenging fabrics such as satins, chiffons, and silks
• how to install an invisible zipper
• how hand sew an invisible hem
• intermediate-advanced couture seam finishes
PROJECT: A beautiful prom dress that is custom fit to you!
FABRIC AND SUPPLIES: To be purchased by the student
COURSE DURATION: Three hours once a week for 5 weeks
PREREQUISITE: Completed Sewing Machine Basics class or proven basic sewing skills