Sewing 101: Basics
Hey there! Ready to pick up that needle and thread for the first time? Or finally take that sewing machine you bought out of the box and put it to good use? With Sewing 101 we are going back to the basics, starting from scratch, and taking you step by step through all the essentials to make learning to sew a fun and inspiring experience.
Sewing 101 is perfect for complete beginners & people who have sewn in the past but need a refresher, where they will learn how to competently use a sewing machine and complete a skirt or drawstring pants from a commercial pattern!
During this course you will learn:
· all of the necessary sewing terminology & equipment
· how to read a commercial pattern
· how to choose the right fabric for a garment--either a skirt or drawstring pants
· how to make bags with professional closures
· how to set in a waistband
· how to identify fabric grain lines
· over 6 different types of stitches & seam finishes you can complete using a sewing machine!
COURSE DURATION: 2 hours once a week for 6 weeks or 3 hours once a week for 4 weeks.
SUPPLIES: In Person Classes: Student will purchase supplies for class and provided with a list the first day. All supplies are provided for the first day. Virtual Classes: All supplies will be included for the duration of the class and shipped upon enrollment we will be using the same pattern for the virtual class.
Cancellation Policy: You must give at least 72 hours notice to cancel your enrollment in the class. Once the class has started, we can no longer offer refunds.