Hey there! Ready to pick up that needle and thread for the first time? Or finally take that sewing machine you bought out of the box and put it to good use? With Sewing 101 we are going back to the basics, starting from scratch, and taking you step by step through all the essentials to make learning to sew a fun and inspiring experience.
Sewing 101 is perfect for complete beginners & people who have sewn in the past but need a refresher, where they will learn how to competently use a sewing machine and complete a skirt from a commercial pattern!
During this course you will learn:
· all of the necessary sewing terminology & equipment
· how to read a commercial pattern
· how to choose the right fabric for a garment, either a skirt or drawstring pants (for the men)
· have to identify fabric grain lines
· Different types of stitches & seam finishes you can complete using a sewing machine!
PROJECTS: Pencil Skirt, A- line skirt, or PJ pants from commercial pattern
FABRIC AND SUPPLIES: 2.5 yards of non-stretch fabric. wool, crepe, or cotton blends are ideal. Patterns will be provided.
COURSE DURATION: 6 hours of sewing with 30 minute lunch break